King Edward Creative Hub & Arts Incubator
cSPACE King Edward is located at 1720 – 30th Avenue SW in the vibrant, arts-friendly, inner-city neighborhood of South Calgary near Marda Loop. The LEED Gold renovation of the 1912 building will provide approximately 41,000 s.f. dedicated, below-market space for creation, production, exhibition and performance available for long-term leasing. A contemporary new addition – built where an original wing was removed in the 1970s – will add another 6,300 s.f. of flexible space for short-term coworking desks, event and meeting room rental and shared community space. The historic building will open in December 2016 (final date TBC).
We are currently fully leased until Summer 2017, when we may have select studio spaces available. To join the waiting list, please send a CV, One-page proposal (including a description of your artistic practice and space requirements), and any additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
cSPACE King Edward’s Coworking space will open in Fall 2017, LEARN more about the Coworking Space (Pricing and applications open mid- 2017).
Here are some highlights of the inspiring creative spaces you can expect at cSPACE KING EDWARD:
- Creative work space in a vibrant, arts friendly neighborhood close to downtown, 17th Avenue and Marda Loop
- Below-market rental rates with flexible leases from 1-10 years in a building that is dedicated to supporting innovation and creativity
- High ceiling, light-filled character spaces from 250 s.f. to 830 s.f. (or up to 3500 s.f. in adjoining configurations)
- Artist studio spaces with enhanced ventilation, natural light, utility sinks and operable windows
- 10 hours per month of shared meeting room usage for tenants (free)
- High-speed fibre internet
- An adaptable 125-seat studio theatre and multiple event/rehearsal spaces
- Unique indoor and outdoor exhibition and performance infrastructure including interior public hallway galleries, a new arts-infused city park, and ‘art cube’ structures intended to house everything from pop-up galleries to outdoor markets.
- Members-only shared kitchen, 4th floor outdoor deck and art-infused social spaces throughout the building
- A healthy and vital workplace with sustainability as a core value including LED lighting, rainwater capture, and on-site solar power generation
- Transit access, free parking options, bicycle storage and shower facilities
- Montessori school options and cafe in-building